These are the children God has given me, God has been good to me! Genesis 33:5

Monday, October 26, 2009

Caleb and Noah are 7






I can't believe that almost 8 years ago I found out that I was having twins. My life hasn't been the same since. Those first few months that they were growing in my tummy I wondered what this wild ride would be like, I had so many questions. I didn't know anyone with twins. I must admit that I cried quite a bit, at first they were tears of uncertainty, but they turned into tears of an intense desire for healthy babies. God miraculously gave me two healthy bouncing baby boys. They weighed in at 6 lbs 12 oz and 5 lbs 15 oz. That adds up to alot of baby. They crawled at 6 months, walked at 10 mos and climbed out of their cribs at 17 mos. Let's just say those were the busiest two years of my life. They have been inseperable from birth and it has been precious to watch their friendship. It is special, it is intense and hopefully they are learning that it is a gift. Every couple years, I feel like their birthdays are huge milestones. I remember when they turned 4, all the sudden they didn't just wrestle and fight over toys anymore. They would play dress-up and weapons (Davy Crocket and Almanzo from Farmer Boy) for hours. Finally, they were playing constructively and together! It was beautiful and I was so thankful to have finally gotten to that phase. Since then, 7 has been the next BIG phase. All the sudden I have big kids. They are insanely driven and thrive on anything that pushes them whether it be school, sports or outdoor stuff (shooting BB guns, rock climbing, bike riding etc). Just in the last few months they have started watching and caring about the Rangers and the Cowboys. You can imagine how their daddy loves that. They have matured so much over the summer and stay focused on their work at hand whether school, chores or whatever. They love to play games together and it has been fun to watch them get into a serious game of Battleship or Blokus. I am just so proud of the young men they are becoming. They play sweetly with their siblings and cousins and take the role of older brother very seriously. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for them this next year. Matt and I are beginning to see some sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and we are praying daily for God to work in their hearts. They are special and these last 7 years have been the ride of a lifetime. They are so full of energy and life that it is hard to keep up with them. Happy Birthday Caleb and Noah. We love you and praise God for the gift that you are to us!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

these two precious boys. i do miss them... you all have done a great job with them. good job matt & emily. wish we could all get together and watch the cowboys/rangers. maybe someday! :)